Council Tax Bands

Council Tax is your contribution to local services, including refuse collection and funding for the police and schools.

It is a charge based on your property's value, whatever kind it is. This includes houses, flats, mobile homes, houseboats - any kind of property you rent or own.

If a property is used as both a home and a business (such as a pub), part of it will be assessed for Business Rates and the other part for Council Tax.

Your Council Tax depends on the valuation band of your property. This appears on your bill. Each residence is allocated to one of our district's eight bands. For more information, please visit the Valuation Office Agency website.

You can claim a 25% discount if you are the only adult in your household.